You know that:
- The judge can force the aggressor to leave your shared home.
- Domestic violence is a crime in Tajikistan, and the aggressor can be punished with imprisonment.
- The aggressor may receive compulsory treatment for alcoholism.
- Domestic violence is a violation of human rights.
- These are just a few of the rights that we want to highlight. A lot of useful information can be found in other sections of our site, as well as in third-party sources of information. It is important to know your rights so that you can protect them and stop violence and / or punish the aggressor. Legislation is an important and useful tool for improving personal security and independence, but it is not the only tool.
In addition to legal assistance, you can get a security plan, advice, economic assistance, get a job, help with caring for children, the elderly, and many other useful services. You can ask for help from lawyers, temporary accommodation centers, support groups, and so on.
Below is information on domestic violence legislation in an accessible language, as well as a small dictionary of legal terms.
Domestic violence is a violation of human rights, such as the right to life, the right to equal protection before the law, the right to equality in the family, and the right to the highest attainable standard of physical and mental health. These provisions are in harmony with the provisions of the Constitution of the Republic of Tatarstan. So, according to the Constitution of the Republic of Tatarstan,
- “Man, his rights and freedoms are the highest value. Life, honor, dignity and other natural human rights are inviolable. Human and civil rights and freedoms are recognized, respected and protected by the state»;
- “Personal integrity is guaranteed by the state. No one may be subjected to torture, inhuman treatment or punishment»;
- “Everyone has the right to life.”
Because domestic violence is a violation of fundamental rights a person, i.e. a serious offence, and a specialized Law on the prevention of domestic violence was issued.