Implementing partners of IX Phase of the Project – Crisis Center “Bovari ba Fardo” in Dushanbe and Crisis Center “Ghamhori” in Bohtar. Public organizations “Hamroz”, “Hairhohi zamon”, “Dilafruz”, “Bonuvoni fardo” in the districts of Khatlon region.
According to statistical data from the POs, during one year (Oct 2016 – Sep 2017), 2,492 consultations took place. Data demonstrates that 86% (2,153) of consultations were provided to women and 14% (339) to men. This shows that the victims of DV are not always women. The number of consultations by POs is presented in Table 1.
|Nr.||POs||Nr of consultations / persons||Women / Men||Provided consultations|
|3||Dilafruz||564||393/171||738||392||Bohtar city Huroson district|
|4||Hamroz||390||29/199||1096||432||Cushoniyon district Levakand city|
|5||Macbuba||916||853/63||916||336||Balhi district Vahsh district|
|6||Bonuvoni Fardo||216||184/32||284||Shahrituz district|
|7||Hairhohi Zamon||406||375/31||404||Panj district|
The POs applied diverse methods such as: conversation, individual consultation (by phone, face to face, primary medical assistance and legal representation), group consultation, family members counselling sessions, work with the perpetrator, providing social support to the victim of DV, accompanying the victim to official institutions and services etc.
Two CCs have been supported by project during phase 9 of the project. CC Bovari ba Fardo in Dushanbe was contracted for the first 24 months and CC and Shelter Gamhori in Bohtar city for 36 months. Statistical data, collected by the CCs, demonstrates that DV is relevant to not only officially married couples but also to those who are not officially registered by the Civil Registration Offices (CRO). Since October 2016 till September 2019, the assistance was provided to 2,971 victims of DV by the CCs: 85% women and 15% men (see Table 2).
|CC Gamhori (36 months)||CC Bovari ba Fardo (24 months)|
|Registered cases of DV||2256||1842 (82%)||414 (18%)||715||670 (94%)||45 (6%)|
The figures below show the main statistical data with regard to the consulted DV victim. During the Phase 9 of the project, 2,971 victims of DV were consulted by the CCs, out of which 85% women and 15% men.
Based on the collected M&E data:
- 1,687 (57%) victims stayed in their families and went for consultation of CC specialists;
- 391 (13%) were reintegrated into their families;
- 796 (27%) returned to their parents;
- 97 (3%) started independent life (have rented an apartment, found a job, etc.)
- 278 (9%) women have completed the courses organized by Centre of Adult Learning (cooking courses, IT courses etc.)
- 368 (12%) are temporarily employed;
- 311 (10%) cases have been presented in court; and in 302 cases the positive decisions were made in favour of the victim of DV;
- 243 decisions have been made by the court to reinstall the victims of DV in the homes of the spouse;
- 115 family conferences were conducted;
- 54 discussions with family aggressors
- 76 information sessions conducted with the participation of 5260 participants
During Oct 2016-Sep 2019, the CCs have provided 18,124 consultations for the victims of DV. 87% (15,706) for women and 13% (2,418) for men. 32% were psychological, followed by legal (30%), social (26%) and medical consultations (12%). The data demonstrates a high need for psychological consultations, which are problematic due to the lack of trained psychologists at local level. Details are presented in Table 3.
|Nr.||POs||Total nr of consultations / persons||Women/ Men||Provided consultations|
|Social||Psychological||Legal||Representation in court||Medical|
|1||CC Bovari ba Fardo (24 months)||3349||3148 W 291 M||0||1454||1895||44||0|
|2||CC Gamhori (36 months)||14775||12558 W 2217 M||4656||4269||3602||63||2228|
|TOTAL||18124||15706 W 2418 M||4656||5723||5497||107||2228|
The CCs supported governmental organizations in the provision of services for DV victims, based on the MoU and bilateral Action plans, by making available psychologists, lawyers and social workers at the Khukumats, the Department of Internal Affairs, the Civil Registration Offices, etc.
- CC Gamhori have provided the consultations of specialists at:
- Gender Sensitive Unite on PDV of Bohtar city, MoIA (two days per week);
- Primary Health Care Center of Bohtar city (two days per week);
- Conducted family conferences on the request of Khukumat of Bohtar city.
- CC Bovari ba fardo have provided the consultations of specialists at:
- CoWFA (5 days per week);
- CRO of Shohmansur and Somoni districts of Dushanbe city (one day week)
Monitoring the activities of the CCs demonstrated that psychological and legal assistance are the most demanded types of assistance. Most of the victims of DV are referred to lawyers of the CCs with regard to divorce, division of property, registration of alimony, introduction into the husband’s home, restoration of the right to real estate, and others.
Implementing partner of X Phase of the Project – Crisis Center “Ghamhori” in Bohtar